Views: 2 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-04-10 Origin: Site
Causes of cutting fluid corrosion of metal:
1. Cause of corrosion
1) The proportion of concentrate in cutting fluid is low.
2) The pH value of cutting fluid is too high or too low. For example, when PH > 9.2, aluminum is corroded.
Therefore, the appropriate pH value should be selected according to the metal material.
3) Contact of dissimilar metal materials.
4) Put paper or wood on the workpieces.
5) Stacking of parts.
6) The number of bacteria in the cutting fluid exceeds the standard.
7) The humidity of the working environment is too high.
Method of preventing cutting fluid corrosion
1) The cutting fluid shall be prepared with pure water, and the proportion of the cutting
fluid shall be used according to the recommended value of the cutting fluid manual.
2) If necessary, use antirust solution.
3) Control the number of bacteria to avoid the production of bacteria.
4) Check the humidity, pay attention to control the humidity of the working environment within the appropriate range.
5) To avoid contamination of cutting fluid.
6) To avoid contact with dissimilar materials, such as aluminum and steel, cast iron (containing magnesium) and copper, etc.