Triethanolamine is a colorless to pale yellow viscous liquid. It can react with various acids to form esters and amide salts. It can also corrode copper, aluminum and its alloys. Triethanolamine has a wide range of effects.What's the effect? What is its main use?
1. Used as plasticizer, neutralizer, lubricant additive or preservative, as well as wetting agent for textiles, cosmetics and dispersant for dyes, resins, etc.
2. The long chain fatty acid salt of triethanolamine is almost neutral and can be used as an emulsifier for oils and waxes. Its oleic acid soap can improve the washing ability of gasoline; stearic acid soap is used in perfumery cosmetics.
3. Triethanolamine used as an ethanol inhibitor is an important corrosion inhibitor component for boiler water treatment, automotive engine coolant, drilling and cutting oil agents.
4. Used as a gas chromatography fixing liquid, metal masking agent, complexing agent, emulsifier, dry cleaner, solvent, softener and resin synthesis.
5. For the preparation of surfactants, detergents, stabilizers, emulsifiers, fabric softeners. Adding triethanolamine to liquid detergents can improve the removal of oily soils (especially non-polar sebum), and at the same time improve the detergency performance by increasing the alkalinity. In addition, it has excellent compatibility in liquid detergents.
6. It can complex with zinc in basic zincate zinc coating, improve the cathodic polarization effect of the plating solution, and make the coating crystals finer.
7. Can be used as industrial gas purification agent, can also be used as a purification liquid to remove acid gases such as hydrogen sulfide and carbon dioxide in waste gas treatment.
Because triethanolamine is flammable, it emits toxic nitrogen oxide fumes during combustion. Therefore, wear appropriate protective clothing and protect your eyes and face during use. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.