Chemical Name: 2,2',2''-Nitrilotriethanol
Other names: Tris(2-hydroxyethyl)amine ;2,2′,2″-Trihydroxytriethylamine; Triethylolamine;Trolamine; 2-[bis(2-hydroxyethyl)amino]ethanol;TEA; TEOA
CAS No: 102-71-6
Packaging: 200kg iron drum
Shelf life:2 years.
Triethanolamine, often abbreviated as TEA, TEOA, is produced from the reaction of ethylene oxide with aqueous ammonia, also is a viscous organic compound that is both a tertiary amine and a triol. Triethanolamine can soluble in water, ethanol, acetone, glycerin and ethylene glycol, slightly soluble in benzene, ether and carbon tetrachloride, almost insoluble in nonpolar solution. Triethanolamine, alkalin than ammonia is weak, has the nature of tertiary amine and alcohol.
1. Triethanolamine is used as organic additive (0.1 wt%) in the grinding of cement clinker.
2. Triethanolamine as early strength agent in the concrete industry, improve the early strength of concrete.
3. Triethanolamine is used primarily in making surfactants, such as for emulsifier.
4. Triethanolamine is used as emulsifier, moisturizing factor, humidifying agent, thickening agent, pH neutralizing agent in cosmetics industry.
5. With triethanolamine oleic acid of oleic acid triethanolamine fatty acid is used in boiler water treatment, car engine coolant, oil drilling and cutting agent such as corrosion inhibitors important preparation components in mechanical machining industry.
6. Triethanolamine can be used as gas chromatographic stationary liquid.
7. Triethanolamine is used as an efficient chelating agent of various heavy metals.
8. Triethanolamine is used as an corrosion inhibitor (anti-rust) agent in immersion ultrasonic testing.
9. Triethanolamine may assist in emulsion formation by reducing surface tension of the substances, enabling water and oil-soluble ingredients to mix.