Views: 9 Author: Mary Publish Time: 2021-07-29 Origin: Site
During talking to customer, he asked if Silica Fume can be added in cement to improve cement concrete early strength.
The answer is yes.
Micro silica fume, also known as silica fume, has very fine particles. Under the microscope, it is glass sphere, amorphous and has excellent physical and chemical properties.
Role of micro silica fume in concrete:
Micro silica fume mixed into concrete can be fully dispersed and filled between the voids of cement particles, making the slurry more dense and greatly improving the strength of concrete.
1. Increase strength: when the mixing amount is 5-10%, the compressive strength of concrete can be increased by 10-50% and the flexural strength can be increased by more than 10%.
2. Increase density: when 10% is added, the impermeability is increased by 5-8 times and the carbonation resistance is increased by more than 4 times.
3. Increase frost resistance: after 300-500 freeze-thaw cycles, the relative dynamic elastic modulus of concrete mixed with 10% micro silica fume is reduced by 1-2%, while that of ordinary concrete is reduced by 36-73% after 25-50 cycles.
4. Increase the early strength: in the control group, the compressive strength of R1 increased by 30% and R3 increased by 40-50%.
5. Increase abrasion resistance and cavitation resistance: the abrasion resistance of micro silica fume concrete is 0.5-2.5 times higher than that of ordinary concrete, and the cavitation resistance is 3-16 times higher. It is the best material for anti-wear repair and surface protection of hydropower stations, reservoirs and dams.
Except adding the concrete admixtures, concrete water reducer-Polycarboxylate Superplasticizer-PCE as a basic chemical additive, can greatly improve concrete properties.